One of the characteristics of life is that it is constantly changing. When you are feeling adrift, or simply want to figure out what your priorities are, you may want to consider writing a life plan. The beauty of a life plan is that it can give a structure to your life while also changing and growing as you do.
- Determining Your Priorities
Consider what roles you play in the present.
Think about the roles that you want to play in your future.
Consider the reasons you play, or want to play, these roles.
Write down your priorities.
Think about your physical, emotional, and financial needs.
2. Creating Your Goals
Consider what goals you want to accomplish during your lifetime.
Write down some specific goals with specific dates to achieve each goal by.
Figure out how you will accomplish your goals.
3. Writing Your Plan
Write down the steps you will need to take to reach each of your goals.
Review your life plan.
Adjust your life plan.
When you’re reconsidering your priorities in life:
- Start by defining your vision or big life goals, then consciously change your experience in life to fit that.
- Rate how satisfied you are in different areas of your life, and see if you need to make adjustments accordingly.
- Pay attention to your feelings to evaluate what gives you joy, a sense of meaning, and fulfillment.
- Practice taking responsibility for your own decisions and actions.